Don Self Integrity Scholarship
The Deputy Don Self Integrity Club Scholarship honors our original Antelope Valley Mall deputy who believed kids were not bad, just sometimes used poor judgment, resulting in the loss of their integrity, dignity
Deputy Self was assigned to the A.V.Mall and established the Integrity Club to teach juveniles the “importance of Integrity, Dignity and Credibility in their daily lives. As law enforcement officers, our time with these young people is limited. We are brought together because of their wrong doing. The time spent with this young offender may be short, but the impact may be a life time. If we teach them the true meaning of Integrity, Dignity and Credibility, it could be the most important lesson they will ever learn” noted Deputy Self.
We continue to assist our Antelope Valley youth with scholarships in his honor. Don died of cancer in 2010.
Who can apply
- High School Senior attending college or vocational school in the Fall
- Minimum G.P.A. required: 2.5
3 Awards at $500
Major/Field of study
All majors considered
What You Need to Apply
- Completed Scholarship Application (You Can Download Here)
- Typed Essay on what Integrity, Dignity, and Credibilty mean to you. Also, discuss in your essay about any challenges or obstacles you have dealt with and overcome in life and how learning these traits will help you succeed in college and beyond. 500-750 words.
- School Transcript
- Recommendation Letter (Optional)
Email Completed Application Package To:
Scholarship Chairperson, Sally Altobelli at DeputyDonSelfScholarship@gmail.com
Congratulations to our 2021 Scholarship Recipients:
Kendall Sumner, Highland High School
Karen Cuellar, Palmdale High School
Kirsten Geluz, Palmdale High School